Post your requests to Blender ADD-ON developers here

Hi @Davi_Silveira. :wave:
I have updated my ā€œmock-up imageā€. At first, I suggested that hotkeys could be displayed onscreen, but it might be better (less intrusive) to display them in an ordinary tab, in the (N panel) sidebar.

Coding-wise, do you think itā€™s possible to create an add-on that shows different hotkeys depending on the modelling context (in the viewport)?

A magnet tool like Lightwave.
This tool is similar to Proportional editing but it can go through the mesh. Have not found something similar in blender. Mira tools is also a bit close but
Itā€™s so good for deforming meshes.

Ex.

Activating the tool you get a movable circle widget(violet) that can be resized with corner handles.
The center has the most effect and effect falloffs to the sides.

Manipulating the widget in top view moves the mesh within the circle widget but the vertices donā€™t get messed up of the box from top to bottom. Itā€™s like 2d brute force proportional edit

If I manipulate the widget from the side view, the effect is shown.

The guy has set all his items to force connect you to a subscription to his U-tube and redirects off to different file host sites ( which never ends after a subscription) you have to repeat for anything you want from him, I find this just insulting and a very poor way to make his channel popular!

1 Like

Try just using a lattice with a mesh deform modifier, and add a lattice modifier to your objectā€¦works until some sort of addon could be madeā€¦
A little over the top, but shows what it can doā€¦

Please create a Navigation addon because the navigation in Blender is disgusting.

1. Enable WASD to steer the Viewport at all times (disable other uses for those keys).
  2. Allow user to Hit the Shift key to pan while orbiting so they can fly around their project freely. No need to let go ever - just hold shift as you need it seamlessly.
  3. Set ā€˜zoom to cursorā€™ as default.
    These are the same settings as Sketchup, which is standard in CAD programs. Blender is 20 years behind.

Blender is not a CAD program and those are not standard for any DCC package of note.

2 Likes

Wellā€¦ thatā€™s a statementā€¦

You know that you can re-asign the 8,4,2,6 key shortcuts to W,A,S,D ?? I mean you have looked into the manual ? Andā€¦ different apps sometimes have contrasting behaviourā€¦ especilly when used in distinct areas or design for divergent purposes ??

In fact there was a thread about:

ā€¦but it seems the interest about this were lostā€¦ because particular people are using various apps for diverse reasonsā€¦ and so they just may further use unsimilar apps ā€¦ :person_shrugging:

ā€¦maybe Blender is 20 years ahead? IDKā€¦

2 Likes

Is stupid to complaint over something that someone can change themselves and then claim it to be ā€œdefaultā€ because he thinks is the standard or because is right lolā€¦all is arbitrary to the user with blender FTW they can change blender code if they like and customize their shitā€¦

And blender is far superior to SketchUp in most of things, I havenā€™t used it directly so I canā€™t tell much about significant workflow differences and usesā€¦

Hi all,
Does anyone know the old 3dsMax addon Afterburn?
It does thick pyroclastic smoke effects like this with no simulation:

I think Blender should be able to do something similar with volume rendered particles. Maybe using GeoNodes.

The controls it needs are:

• Change colour with life of particle
  • Change particle size with time
  • There needs to be two noise patterns with variable detail
  • Each noise pattern needs to have a ā€˜Dragā€™ parameter which varies its inheritance of the particle movement vector. This would produce the rolling effect around each particle.

Iā€™m sure this addon would be HIGHLY sought after so would be a commercial success if it can be replicated.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Iā€™d love a C4D style material manager, especially for large projects.

• see previews of the materials without having to mark them all as assets
  • see which ones are used where
  • remove or mark unused materials, even with fake user applied
  • merge similar materials
  • group them in categories
  • (check heavy materials, like using complex trees or large textures or displacement)
2 Likes