Post Your Themes!

I just recently found out how to change my GUI colors and so i thought that i would share what i changed them to and i encourage others to do the same (here - just make your screen shot like mine) -

http://img5.exs.cx/img5/7264/simple_screenshots.jpg

if you would like the blend to save this as your user default PM me and i’ll email it to you! It would be nice to have a bunch of Themes to chose from just like in Windows, Linux, and other OS’ so post away!

PS: is the bpy menus file the file that contains the costum themes?

I think this is quite off-topic considering the finished projects forum is for completed ARTWORK…not completed theme…and this have been done before in the off-topic tho…and it died after a few day if I remember correctly…it’s just that this option have been there for a long time…and alot of people thought of it before you did…so this, in my humble opinion, is stupid and useless…

sorry! i didn’t know and seeing as it has been awhile (i guess) i couldn’t have known!

theeth: could you move this off topic or perhaps you could put in a sticky on the general board seeing as flamingwarrior has spoken!

edit: you really like to take the fun out of everything don’t you! :frowning:

not exactly, but I do my best to try to take the fun out of every stupid/useless thing people like you post!

The Flaming-Warrior, ready to kick spammer’s ass whenever it’s needed…

/me sits back with bowl of popcorn to watch coming battle… :wink:

actually i hope you guys can settle this.

and while i can still post before this gets locked, yeah having a theme archive might be kinda cool…
and yes this should probably be in the General forum.

thankyou gr8redshark! atleast someone shares my point of view! you are right this belongs in general - i couldn’t decide so i posted it here - sorry! :expressionless:

we’ll settle it just like angolair and i settled it - in fact, we became sort of like comrads, each admiring the other! the difference between that senario is that xwarrior is balanced! he has a chip on both shoulders! :stuck_out_tongue:

i would post my theme, but atm its kind of crappy. no consistency across menus and windows etc. i would have worked harder on it, but im lazy and did all the colors by eye, the background color is the only thats exactly the same acroos all windows…
the rest is just as close as i could getby eye, oh well.
btw i think some kind of theme archive would be good, why not?
personaly i found it hard to work in the default theme, but then i had been using max almost exclusively before blender and im kind of used to their discreet-dark theme, thats kind of what mines modelled after…

yes the default was abit hard to see and the rounded is awful! so i made mine own trying to keep consistency and trying to keep it simple plus sleek. The actual modeling is much easier because the verts are now white when selected and pale blue when not (both which stand out but each blends for the particular application) also the color the object turns when transforming is the blue from the buttons and it against the background looks very nice and is very easy on the eyes! okay okay enough spam - let’s see some types! :wink:

yes the default was abit hard to see and the rounded is awful! so i made mine own trying to keep consistency and trying to keep it simple plus sleek. The actual modeling is much easier because the verts are now white when selected and pale blue when not (both which stand out but each blends for the particular application) also the color the object turns when transforming is the blue from the buttons and it against the background looks very nice and is very easy on the eyes! okay okay enough spam - let’s see some themes! :wink:

X-WARRIOR

I wish you and others would stop trying to protect us poor helpless thread readers so much %| .

Posting themes is a good idea, and as a person who never found anything interesting in the off topic thread, I now never go there.

As this is a good idea! maybe if it belongs anywhere, then it should be in news and chat.

X-WARRIOR also, why does your post sound so insulting, if your having a bad day try kicking yourself, not others ideas.

Ken

thankyou, ken :wink:

You know what, you don’t know what the heck you’re talking about.
First off, I wrote this, because some people here, that are new to the forum, don,t take the time to make a simple search if this have been done before. The option isn’t there for nothing…get use to it. Secondly, prince looks like one of those guy who, immediatly when he have an idea, thinks it’s the best in the world and post it right away. just to boost his ranking or watever. I don’t care why he post, but if ONLY his post were less useless. If only they had a goal or watever. This post might looks like it have a goal, but knowing that IT HAS BEEN DONE AT LEAST 2 TIMES BEFORE, make it WAY useless, because this thread won’t get far anyway. It’s just another spam thread from my point of view. I’ve been here for long enough without trying to put back people in place when they make useless/stupid/repetitive things. Elysiun is growing, with new arrivals everyday, it’s normal that some things are coming back often but, sometimes it’s just too much.

Threads like this, replies like Prince usually do, make this community look childish, immature and stupid. No need to ask why the others are considering blender as a “Toy” instead of a real 3d program…

Please, make use of the search button, think before posting, and don’t take every opportunity for pposting. Try to keep this forum clean. Just take that last post from Pinrce “Thank you, Ken”…c’mon, tell me the IMPORTANT reason of this?..is there one really…there is PM for private messages…another function that seems completly under-used.

And no I wasn’t in a bad day. and I doesn’t need to kick myself. I dunno for you guys, but last day in blenderchat we talked about this, and let say there was quite a few people, including a moderator that I won’t name, that were starting to be pissed off by some post from some “new elysiun users”… Just to show you I’m not the only one, and far from being, that are starting to read WAY ENOUGH crap on this forum. Please Wake up!

/me joins Gr8RedShark, sipping a jumbo coke.

/me thinks i have an opinion, but if i say it, i will forever be casted in the flames of hell by other elysiun members

I’m glad I’m not the only one who agrees with you X-Warrior. And good on you for making a stand. :wink:

Just thought the king of all spammers should chime in and say that your theme is a bit too monochrome and needs more contrast. /me gives X-Warrior a woohoo t-shirt

I think you guys should give Prince a break, Yes he has been a huge spammer in the past, but recently all ive seen is productive posts from him, SO GIVE HIM A BREAK!

You gotta be kidding…lol…he RECENTLY got on my and other peoples nerves…that’s not old thing. Not all of his post are spam, but some are just plain stupid. HE should give us a break.

Maybe if it was just me getting pissed off, I would calm down and stay in my corner without saying anything, because I would understand it’s just a matter of opinion about a post…but after talking with about 10peoples on at different time about some “posts” on elysiun…I arrived at the conclusion I wasn’t the only one. And if no one stand up and talk to try to reput people on the good track, then it will degenerate exactly like when cubefan was around. Sure Prince isn’t as bad as some “old classic spammers”, but seriously he’s worst than many, MANY people around. He reply at every post in his thread just to say thank you again and again and again…can,t he wait a bit more and then reply for a “global” thank you?..

It’s just that when someone start getting on nerves of EVEN a moderator…don’t you think there is a prob somewhere? and I’m not only talking about Prince behavior…there is also a few other people…including a guy that I won’t name…coughkansas_15cough…

X-W sry but i your turning this into a Witch hunt, Elysiun aint about the posts! I dont mean to get n your bad on this but seriously calm down, voice your opinion, but no need to soo pissed over a web site!

i think you just helped x-warrior’s side more than yours.

35 posts per day. that’s a lot, even for me :wink:

there is a phpbb mod that makes it so that there is a minimum amount of words per post. maybe that will help things a bit.

and they should set w.i.p. guidelines.

example:

just a thought.