Potentially basic question about texture coords

So I’m making a mod for a game and I have everything done, but I’ve discovered that at some point along the way I must have made some of the UV map points split into two, for lack of better wording for it – there are multiple points on the UV map that correspond to the same vertex on the mesh. Unfortunately I can’t actually import the mesh into the game if there’s a different number of texture coords on the new mesh than there were on the original.

So my question is: Is there a way to get blender to tell you the number of texture coords there are on a UV map, at least? I know that it’ll tell you how many vertices there are on an object, but I can’t see any way to coax it to tell me even how many texture coords I have selected.

Alternately, is there a way to select or merge duplicate texture coordinates?

but I’ve discovered that at some point along the way I must have made some of the UV map points split into two, for lack of better wording for it – there are multiple points on the UV map that correspond to the same vertex on the mesh
This is most likely the case in most UV unwraps

Unfortunately I can’t actually import the mesh into the game if there’s a different number of texture coords on the new mesh than there were on the original.
Explain why not.

All the selected points are the same vertex. The number in the UV points does not relate to the total number of vertices in your object

Please explain clearly with examples what your problem is and why its a problem.

You know, I wish I knew. I’m not really in the know with all the technical stuff … my only hints to this come from the program I’m using to import the new mesh. When I try to import it, the program gives me an error, which is handy if frustrating.

“Imported obj does not contain the same number of texture coordinates as the base mesh in one of its LODs”

I mean I could be totally wrong about what the issue is? I’m completely an amateur here, after all. You’re right in that it doesn’t really make a lot of sense, but that’s the error that the program’s giving me, so…