I’m just starting to learn about rigging and I’m trying to write myself a handy step-by-step guide. So far I’ve got:
- Save a copy of the .blend file, something like “Project Name 04 – Before Rigging.blend”
- Select mesh in Object Mode.
- Press Ctrl-A.
- Select Apply All Modifiers.
- Select Apply All Transforms.
- Press Shift-S.
- Select Cursor to Selected.
- Grab the mesh and center it as best you can in World Space. Usually something like X=0, Y=0, with Z being equal to where the feet hit the ground plane.
- Save a copy of the .blend file, something like “Project Name 05.blend”
Does this seem like a sane pre-rigging checklist or am I missing things/doing things that I don’t need to do?