Prefix Render Add-on (Auto Output Add-on)

Hi! I will try to add this feature. There is no clear solution at the moment

Version 0.0.3. Added support for compositor output nodes
AutoOutput_003.py (4.9 KB)

1 Like

Hello Apofis

Thank you so much for the addon it’s very useful and allow to save so much time ! I’m using it with the file output in the compositor to export different layers. It would be amazing if I could put the variable @file@ for exemple in the file subpath of the file output node. Like that I can have the name of the file for my different layer. Is it something you would be interested to add to your addon ? Thank you.

IMHO this functionality should be built into Blender because it’s so important and can save you from so many headaches, especially if you’re rendering and up-versioning complex projects.
I submitted a very similar request to Right-Click-Select a long time ago and still hope it gets more attention eventually: https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/Slfbbc/?sorting=hot

2 Likes

Hi, I found this addon very useful, but I wanted it to also add time with the date to have my files output “20230210_130816-Filename”. So I adjusted the date dataStr to read:

dataStr = str(dataD.year)+str(dataD.month)+str(dataD.day)+'_'+str(dataD.hour)+str(dataD.minute)+str(dataD.second)

The problem is that when i am now using interactive render it keeps turning off if i change any parameter in blender. I found out that this was because of “bpy.app.handlers.depsgraph_update” that looks at every change in blender. So i removed it and now the interactive render only restarts if I save the file. Which is better, but the problem is that i subconsciously spam ctrl+s allot and every time i do, i have to manually turn off the render preview and turn it on again to make it work. Which is really annoying.

So i spend another 2 hours searching for a solution and i found that i could use something like blender render handles “bpy.app.handlers.render” that would update the date and time only upon starting the render. I tried to make it work by adding these handles to def (un)register, but for some reason it’s not working.

I have no experience in programming and this was just me trying to brute force my way into making it work by trial and error.

I would appreciate it if someone could show me how to update the script to make this work. I think others might find this useful also. Or if there is any other addon that already does this, I would love to know about it.

TLDR: I would like the script to only update the time/date upon render start.