Preparing for battle

Decided to go back to an old project that is previously considered finished…

With my shitty imagination it’s so much easier to just pick up something old (sometimes several years old) and try to improve on it instead of starting something entirely new :sweat_smile:

It’s a workflow that suits me though, since it’s just a hobby, so it’s not like I need to create a portfolio, and usually I’ve learned so much more when returning to a project then when I left it. Plus the creativity burnout related to that particular project has faded, so it almost feels like a new project to me :smile:

7 Likes

I was asked about the threads on the syringe on reddit, so I’d though I’d share how immensely simple it is :smile:

It’s this basic shape consisting of 6 vertices, placed a distance from it’s origin, and then a screw modifier on top of it.

Screw modifier turned off to show the basic geo

With the screw modifier turned of

Closeup of thread (I’ve kept it as separate geometry since it’s such a small detail you won’t notice)

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow, what an honor! :blush:

1 Like

I’ve been tweaking the bottles a bit - added more text to the label and added some textures for the bump and roughness of the caps

More shader tweaking - added a touch of procedural scratches to the metal and glass, and added a finger prints to the bottle labels

1 Like

Started to create some sort of med kit thingy to carry the syringes in.
First time I used the magic texture - impressive how little tweaking it took to get a decent fabric looking result

Started adding a zipper for the travel/med kit and it’s trickier that I expected, especially since the two halves need to be connected by the zipper opening/closing thingy… And now I’m starting to think that the image as a whole probably is better, in it’s simplicity without the kit, and just keep the syringes and bottles.

Any and all feedback is welcome!

1 Like

Slight progress - made the kit dirtier and some struggling with the zipper, also add more scratches and marks to the syringe metal

The node tree for the syringe metal