Prevent particles from intersecting with each other in animation

Hi guys and gals, happy to seek your precious advice again. Its about a particle system with particles following a curve. The problem is they intersect with each other (image attached), instead of colliding and being influenced by the collisions as physical objects would. After watching a bunch of tutorials I got the impression that there might not be just a simple fix for this so I’m here for some direction. Though my question is about particles systems there may be a completely different and better approach to achieve what I am looking for. Maybe like rigid bodies or sth else. Any advice is welcome.
PS I’m getting error messages when trying to upload the 6 MB .blend file, I’ll be trying more later, and posting only the image for now.

The particle system does not detect collisions.
You must use Addon to detect collisions of particles.

You can receive the relevant Addon from the link below.

You can also ask if the idea you came up with is possible.

※ The attachable file size is 5mb.
(When saving a file from blender, if you look at the cogwheel-shaped opt in the upper right, there is a compression option to reduce the size of the file.)

1 Like

I’ll give it a try now. I did run into it while searching but wanted to know if there was a way to collide particles in blender without addons. So, there is not. Good advice. Thanks @oo_1942

1 Like