Prevent triangulation on DXF export

Hi, a question regarding DXF export. I want to avoid triangulation of surfaces (quads and n-gons) upon export. I found this thread:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57971489/how-to-simplify-geometry-in-a-triangle-mesh-in-autocad

and the comment:

“If they used Region entity, for example, those additional lines would not have been there…”

…but I have no idea what is “region entity” and how to use it. I was looking for it in exporter settings but no luck. From the docs I figured it has something to do with NURBS, but I just have standard mesh.

I would comment on that forum, but I don’t have enough reputation.

If you read in the comments on that site then there is the person talking about FBX format…iF you import and export in FBX you don’t have that problem …unless you manually set triangulation…

DXF is an extremely old Autodesk format that is not really used as much today…Most have added FBX format…

If you used AutoCAD recently, you’d know it has actually discontinued FBX import (which honestly is ridiculous as FBX was originally developed by Autodesk). However, it still does import DXF, so yes, it is still used and useful.
So I need to know about that Region Entity.

region entity
seems to be some sort of 2D lines objects that can be combined with Boolean

happy bl

Hmmm, I don’t think that helps by any means, and I don’t know what that person on Stack Exchange talked about, but…
Thanks anyway.

may be look at this

A closer look at the AutoCAD Region command | Design & Motion (designandmotion.net)

happy bl

Cool, but how does that refer to Blender?
As I said, apparently Blender has a setting like “region entity” somewhere, that affects DXF export, but I can’t find such a setting. Reading Autocad theory doesn’t help me at all.

sorry i thought you wanted to know what it was in CAD

in blender don’t remember seeing this
could be part of the parameters for export or import

may be someone else has seen it

happy bl

Okay, sorry too, maybe I didn’t put the question very well.
I guess I need to earn some exp on stack overflow and ask there.