Principled BSDF and Emission

Hi I am doing A Tutorial from the web to build a sword and texture it in blender, but one part requires me to use Emission in the Principled BSDF shading panel but it is not listed ,is there a way to add it to the panel , i know you can add a separate node but id like to keep it like tutorial till i get going and understand it better.

Hi, it should be there, somewhere at the bottom of the node. It’s a colour socket.

Hi thanks for the reply , in the video of my tutorial it shows a node connection for emission just under Transmission and Transmission roughness in the Principled BSDF panel but on my version of blender same as tutorial there is no connection like that , i looked for ways to add it but to no avail . I have the latest version of blender , old tutorials make it harder cause things have been changed around so i tend to stick to newer ones. Thanks

Hi.
What version of Blender are you using?

You share screenshots of your node setup/panels

It should be on the bottom, and it wasn’t present in 2.79 for example. Do you use 2.80?

Hi thanks yes i do use 2.8 latest version does it matter steam version or not , but i guarantee its not listed like one in pic in the video its like one you have , im kinda stuck here . and im using evee render if it matters. Thanks again

I need new Blender , i checked date was Feb 2019 , I just figured it was on every version ,. I will update a check back.

Hi thanks its there now I had old version ,I have several kicking around should have checked but i figured emissions tab was common in all versions but i guess not, thanks again.

Hah yes you should probably use the official release unless you want to test out new features. Emission was added late in the principled BSDF to avoid having to mix/add shaders.

Thanks for reply Blender is awesome and its free.

1 Like

You’re goddamn right !