Watch the full trailer:
Some stills from the trailer:
The goal of the trailer was to demonstrate how full skies and lighting could improve renders, so the shots were deliberately laid out to include a lot of reflections, and vertical pans shots.
It was the first time we’d ever really done any animation or simulation work like this. In the past they’ve mostly just been slow camera pans. So I deliberately put in some challenging shows, as I wanted to push the bar on what we could demonstrate. Overall, I’m really happy with how it came out
The credit for this trailer goes to this team of great artists behind it:
- Jonathan Lampel - Opening Seaplane shot and closing bird shot. Lots of simulation work!
- Guilherme Henrique - The Boathouse Seaplane and rural house shot.
- Gleb Alexandrov - The two snow shots.
- Mateusz Wielgus - The interior lounge room shot.
- Arnaud Le Deault - Car modelling
- Greg Zaal - Surface level modelling and texturing on the Seaplane.
- Rob Garlington - Project Manager and Director. Oversaw the entire project.
All credit to them! I actually did zero production on this, aside from providing direction and critiques. Hats off to them