Problem compiling Blender 2.34 on Fedora 2 using scons

Well the title says it al, I can get Blender 2.34 to compile with scons. I get a bunch of errors in my terminal.:-?

First error line:

sh: line1: sdl-config: command not found

Last error line:

Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors

There is a huge amount of output in the terminal between these lines, i cant read them because it zooms by.
I’m doing this because I want to use YafRay with Blender, but I have never compiled anything ever before. So I need some help with this.

sh: line1: sdl-config: command not found

It appears you don’t have the sdl development files installed. Note that you can have the libs installed (so you can run progs) but not the header files etc. which are included in the development package

Error 1 
scons: building terminated because of errors

I found that I had to load a different version of python (several can coexist) to get scons working with blender. Ask on the forum at www.blender.org

GreyBeard

On Fedora Core 2A the sdl-config command is in the SDL-devel-1.2.7-3.i386.rpm package.

I’m doing this because I want to use YafRay with Blender, but I have never compiled anything ever before. So I need some help with this.

On my system (another fedora) I could just mix blender-2.34.tar.bz2 with yafray-0.0.7-2.i386.rpm and shake it a bit :wink:

>>> nic

Thank you :smiley: I was looking for a nice and comfy rpm but couldn’t find the right one. Ill try this and see how it works.