Problem with generating a rig with Rigify

Hi guys.

This is my first post on this website, so sorry if anything is out of place.

Well this is also my first time using Rigify :smiley:

After I adjusted the rig to my character and hit generate I get this error.

Can somebody plz tell me what this means?

First I thought the thing broke coz i scaled it up, but when it’s at it’s normal size I still get the error.

Thanks


With no blend file it is kind of hard to tell. But, you might want to try to delete all your rig stuff, reload rigify and try it again. Do not delete any of the bones when you are placing them in your character, don’t move them off the support rig(IE don’t disconnect connected ones. It looks like it is not finding the names of the org bones it is looking for. Don’t rename any of the bones. Use them all and you shouldn’t have this problem.

You can also try clicking File > User Preferences, and making sure Auto Run Python Scripts is checked. I think that’s in the File tab or the System tab, but you might have to look around for it.

Hi, thanks for the answers.

Just so i put this out there, I didn’t change anything on the rig and the Auto Run Pyton ting was checked.

But I think the problem was caused because I scaled the rig in object mode. Dont know if that was the original problem but it works now.

Thanks guys