Problem with parent skeleton with mesh

I want to import animations because making own ones takes to much time… The problem is every time I download a .fbx file the skeletons look like this:

But I just know them looking like this:

Now everytime i want to parent with this kind of skeleton (Ctrl+p “With automatic weights”) my mesh looks pretty ugly:

so how do i parent a mesh with this kind of skeletons?
In the blend file there is a mesh and a skeleton with animation… can someone save my day und take a few minutes and take a look what i did wrong or what i forgot to do that the mesh follows the animation?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzruQj4dhW5keGwwYUx0emdaR3c/view?usp=sharing

@aaaddafgg:

Hi there, I bet there are more than a few minutes needed for solving this…

Obviously you are getting you FBX file from Mixamo library. So far my experiences are not very good with Mixamo skeletons.

And it also depends on what Import settings you use: You didn’t specify any, neither did you post any images of settings, you had to import the file first not just load, so you might need to check those.
IMO there’s no guarantee that you can get skeleton to Blender in “perfect” condition, you most likely have to fix parenting issues. So far I have no solution for that.

One setting to avoid is “Force Parent Child connection” it seems to mess up animation data badly…

Neither can I advice you on settings that work for your case - I’m in process of solving similar non Mixamo related workflow.

Try something simpler first.

Create or find a very simple one or two bone skeleton created in preferably in Autodesk software, then bring it to Blender:

• Check alignment of bones
  • Try different import settings
  • It’s worth knowing (or remembering) that Blender uses Z-up world coordinate system
  • Some software like 3ds Max / Maya or game engines might use different up axis, often it can be Y-up. In Mixamo FBX file’s case it might be something different
  • Also, create a “unit cube” 1x1x1m units in Blender and compare the size of your imported skeleton to it
  • Also check scale of Armature after import, is it 1,1,1 or something else, and same for rotation

Importing assets from different packages is never straight forward, especially when object is not just a simple mesh. Please share your findings if you get any results, as there seems to be very little info available on FBX importing on these forums - or I haven’t found such threads yet :).