Procedural Skin Texturing

Hi everyone! I wanted to create a procedural skin texture both for the bump and albedo. I used Blender’s texture nodes (wave texture, noise texture, voronoi texture etc.) to create some patterns and gradient texture to mask certain areas. I wanted to create this shader as a base for my models. Everything is procedural (albedo and bump both for the skin and eyes) except from the mask for the hair, eyebrows and beard. The head mesh is from my previous project but I took the time to improve its forms and sculpt a little bit more. I hope you like it!

30 Likes

Hi !! Very good I like it. It’s very realistic. Good stuff. Especially the proceudral skin.

1 Like

It is great, I love it!

1 Like

Nice sculpt. The skin bump is looking unrealistic though. It’s applied evenly across the whole model with no variation. Also real skin “bump” is not just a simple noise bump, if you look closely, it looks more like leather pattern and less like noise

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you for your critique. This is my node set up for the skin material.

1 Like

Dude thats insane!!

2 Likes

Very good! Congratulations, it was very realistic!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Amazed :slight_smile: :astonished:

1 Like

thank you for sharing this inspiring realistic super work. inspiring.

1 Like

maybe… upload the nodes? i do NOT want to copy all of that!

1 Like

@Kevin_Mucollari …that is INSANE! The model and skin are incredible! Photographic! :+1:

@bartv please FEATURE THIS!

1 Like

I’ll put it up to the vote.

1 Like

care give you more close ups of the node setup? or better share it with us :smile: :wink:!!

1 Like

i very interested the skin material…

1 Like

wait. i thought this was a photo of a real guy.
kidding.
its amazing though!

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much!