Procedural Texture Alpha

So instead of doing a cloud texture in GIMP and importing it in Blender I thought I’d do it with just the procedural one but the problem is that I can’t find a way to tell Blender to
use the alpha of the procedural cloud to not render the black parts, that is, give the plane the shape of that cloud. I’m puzzled.

What am I missing here?

just make you main mat alpha = 0 !
then you’ll see only the texture shape

in this case i set the base mat color as green with alpha = 0
so you don’t see the green color with alpha =0

you need to set the alpha in texture panel and the RGB to intensity also to see it in color
happy 2.6

Oh I see, it did work! Foolish me ^^

Is there a way to get rid of that box shape without scaling the plane out of the camera view? I need many instances of that object for a particle simulation.

this is a wood texture and it follows the edge of the plane
but for another texture it may not !

there is no edge in reality here

salutations

I tried it with others but since it follows it, it gives it that look. Yeah I know, it’s because it’s a procedural, you can’t set the size (as I know it). Maybe I can blend the texture from all sides so that it fades away loosing that boxy look, some nifty composiitng trick or another procedural.

well if you use a plane it will fill the plane unless you use a werid mask to not show the rectangular shape of the plane!

not certain what you want to do with this can you some pic

salutations

Masking sounds like it would work, but I’ll have to create it in GIMP? Some sort of vignette thing.

http://i.imgur.com/bBafF.png

or you could make a strange shape in blender and apply the texture to it !
so that the border is not like a plane or have straight lines!

or may be play with some nodes composite to add some blur ect…
that might work too!

happy 2.6

Not a bad idea (I could use it for some other projects) but then the poly count would be higher, I need many instances of that object.
Do you have any particular idea in mind regarding the compositor? I’ll try something out but I’m not that really of an advanced user of the compositor.

Gosh, by trying to make it easier I made the task more complicated :smiley: Sorry ^^