Procedural Wood Material

I’ve been working on a procedural wood material generator. This is a demo project to put the generator to the test.
All wood materials were procedurally generated.


The wood texture is 3D so there’s no need for UV map, any object of any shape can be turned into wood.



The wood texture was inspired by real world wood. It generate nesting cylindrical layers, so depending on the orientation of the surface, you can get the wavy wood grain or the age rings, or something in between.

To make full use of the wood generator, I also made 7 floor patterns, glued wood and plywood cutters. These engines will cut the input texture coordinates to arrange to wood textures in various ways.

If you’re interested in getting the generator and 124 presets, I put them up for sale here:
https://superhivemarket.com/products/124-wood





12 Likes

Nice cutboard! :cheese:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!