Project Crainum - Concepts

Hi All,
I am reletively new to Blender and 3D in general. Always wanted to dabble, but never found a good community, until I found Blender! :yes:
This is one of the character concepts for an animated short I have started working on. Diving in headfirst!
I still have to complete the legs and add the small details, ans eyes of course!
Any C&C would be appreciated!
Thanks,

Attachments

It’s a nice mesh over all - I can see that your are using mirror, a very handy and important tool to work on pretty much any mesh. However from your post, I don’t have quite have the details to understand your level of detail. Since you are intending to animate the mesh, you may wish to show the vertices snapshots, there is a few tips and tricks some animators can easily pass on. Look forward to your next post.

Cool, I will post a screen capture of the topology a little later today.

Hi,

Here is the wireframe for the model, as requested!

Thanks,
:eyebrowlift:

Attachments

Hi,

I have decided to remodel the legs a bit, they are now closer to my concept design.

Any takers?

Attachments

Hi,

Having a problem getting an opinion from the community here…

But thought i would post another character in the series to keep the post active, in hope!?:smiley:

Attachments

Interesting Is it supposed to be a stylized bee, fly? Needs some legs.

I have a fly model but I’m going for a more realistic approach take a look at my Chameleon and Fly short (link in my signature)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Still busy on the legs!

I am going for a stylized look to the whole thing, i am trying to translate my 2D work into 3D. So, the style is influenced from there!

Will check your stuff out ASAP!

edit. Sorry, yes, it is a fly… his name is Shoo (as in, “shoo, fly, dont bother me!”)

Hi,

The fly can now walk :D!

C&C??

Attachments

That’s one fat fly!

A little suggestion: I hope you don’t mind. For displaying WIP models I would
a: get rid of the default blue background and,
b: Turn on ambient occlusion.

Other than that, it looks pretty good. Keep it up, and I’m looking forward to seeing more.

-Bigglesworth

Thanks for the tips! Just need to get the texturing sorted out now.

I think it looks a lot better now?
AO definitely sorts the lighting out 10000%

Yeah…he is a little fat. The rest of the cast are also a little crazy looking, im a little twisted in the soft and squisshies i think!

Thanks again.

Attachments

Hi,

Aonther of the characters for the animation project i am working on.

C&C very welcome!??

Attachments