Project - Flow

Hi, Everyone!

“Forced Flow” would be a much better topic as this project is the result of finally forcing myself this weekend in doing a project (this post is a part of the project). :smiley:

The motivation to do this project was to celebrate myself switching to Blender and to put most of what I’ve learned in the past 3 months into a real artwork. What have I learned in the past 3 months? Blender has a massive learning curve, but the speed gain is worth it! :smiley:

This weekend has also been very rewarding as I got a lot of healthy reminders. Some of them:

• Spend more time in the blocking phase (Had to redo elements multiple times)
  • Do a Lighting and simple material test in the blocking phase (This is what made redo elements)
  • If modelling a specific shape for the first time, then don’t try to get it perfect with the first try. Just by making a primitive version of the form will help you to get know the form. After that the topology can follow.
  • The one weekend time constraint taught me so much! It really helps to understand where to and where not to add details. The fixed camera position really helped as a beautiful quad topology wont do much if it’s only 10x10 pixels big in the final image.
  • Plan a few steps ahead. As it’s quite easy to be so proud with every detail made that you stare at it for 10 minutes and forget to move ahead. Celebrations can be done on a time-out.
  • Have a better mental attitude. The rule here is just to keep calm and stay humble.

Most possibly I haven’t said anything new as these tips are written everywhere in the 3D community. But a fresh reminder can be worth gold.

The visual concept was heavily inspired by one of the older works of Luke Choice a.k.a. Velvet Spectrum

With all that aside I would like to hear some critique regarding the final piece.
Happy blending!

TIME! The project is Over! I should get some sleep now…

5 Likes

Very cool awesome work this should be featured… :smile: