project Lisa WIP

I think you made an enormous progres with this model, you realy learn to use references, you lear a lot about observation, I think you will be doing amazing stuff from here on. She looks beautiful, and the expression is subtle an nice. Now… Hehehe, you have to finde more secondary forms and then all the skin details.

Hello tona and thanks , :slight_smile: i Will keep posting but well its harder to know what to change but Will try working on the texture bumps for the skin

thanks for all your advice without them well this wouldent have been the result so far

No problem! I love to see you work hard hehe
Secondary forms that aren’t really important but give a lot of realism, are veins, fat deposit separations, unions of bone and cartilage, asymmetries, muscles pulling the skin on the different expressions… everything that is not a main form but it is not a skin detail. Check pictures of people, with expressions that you like, and find things that feel right, and transfer to your sculpt.
Also, the skin is not perfectly flat, it has bumps (not micro bumps or skin details, but real bumps)

This is definately looking better.

Hello LostScience, I really am trying to push in to top row then My life is complete :smiley:

Keep it up.

good job ! keep it up !

Hello guys thx alot Will keep pushing

well Im at that stadge that Im sitting 9 hours in a row and change one setting back and forth…so the progress curve isent exacly like I want it to and the damn normal maps are fighing me and well everything else aswell… I been temted to throw it away a couple of times … :smiley:

BUT here is a small update Hope u like it guys… been a struggle,

Really been working on giving her imperfections in the face, and ye i know the tops of her hair is really messed up… will clean that up, was the first thing my gf told me, " Well cant u brush her hair at the end aswell" …

and ye been working in some theth, dont know it ive made it but the first itterations with theth was really spooky…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481563[/ATTACH]

My man that is nice! there is some red really saturated, it looks artificial. also, I think a little more of ss will help the skin.
Anyhow, very natural felling! I like it a lot! (except the hair…) you should also use references for hair styles!

hello my Tona, thx, ye I agree , there where some problems there indeed, I do love some saturation tho , so its a struggle not adding to much…

well the hair took me way to long to be able to take that critic gently… :smiley: but as the warrior u have to be i redid it. I also paid alot attention to bumps and redid the skin texture just a little, I even added hair on her chin, if u zoom in on the higher quality ( think u have to press it ) then ull see that, just for texture.

I think im really close to be finish now but im thinking to redo the white shirt perhaps to something more extravagant, or maybe I dont… :smiley:

What do u think ?

All Night rendering a hairstyle and When its Done and I show it My gf shots it down and say Nope she dosent fit in braids. … “Ok”…

:smiley: so still gotta do hair … :slight_smile:

hmm some lines are perhaps overkill and well i will redo the hair agien…

I think that the problem of the hair is just the shader, and the number of children, to low also, you need at least three particles system, one for the bigger masses of hair, one just for those that are broken, and don’t follow the rest, and one for the initial hair on the forehead, those small and soft ones that never really grow all the way.
I don’t know much about hair… maybe you can make a focus critic just for the hair? just ask help in that department, I’m sure they will help you with the shader.
Really nice the fur in the chin, but you have to put them all over the face more or less. especially near the hair line.
Good luck man! you are almost there for your first one!

yes will do that , not there yet, still got some small issues that I need to take care of, but the bump texture is finally there, And the hair on the face is all added, ,but i have re done the hair like 20 times now, and well its getting better but its slow…

But i do think “Lisa” is soon comming to life

Really nice work here! I agree that the hair needs some work. Check out this tutorial: https://cgcookie.com/archive/styling-and-rendering-long-hair-with-blender-and-cycles/ It’s a little old, but the basic principles are still the same…May offer you some extra guidance :smiley:

Is that snow in the scene you made with her?I love snow.It looks great.

Nice!!!
If you open here mouth so much you have to model a tongue right? also if you open the mouth you have to move all the jaw, not just the chin, as I think you did.
Kep it up! you are doing great, (you are getting where I never did)

Hmm ye will think about that , diffentet expressions is really hard, still havent been able to make a smile that doesent look super creepy…:smiley:

Well I do try . :slight_smile: I think I got the hair now. What do u guys think ? made some “real” eyebrowns now aswell not just texture,
So I think different view and master som expresssion then I think this is ready to meet the world, do u have any more pointers before ? cheers

( Ps i really wanna make the top row , so iif u guys say its ok and it doesent go up its on u … :smiley: )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482036[/ATTACH]

The expression, and the pose of 53 is the best so far, I think the shaders are not ready jet. Also top row is working strage this dais…
Why did you paint the uper eyelid and not a little of the bottom one?