project: RACE

Hey, not wanna try my new mayor update?? Give some feedback, plzz…

Awesome. I really like the city map.

Nice!!! I like it. Though you need to seriously fix the cars physics, you can flip easy and its to light.

Will do…
BTW everybody… I´ll gonna go for some more stuntmaps… I see it most fun. So alot of stuntmaps u can race against other AI-controlled cars, and time, or much laps u can race without crash.
Then I probably evulate it and make a awesome city-map, based on that I started on in this demo.

So first… I complete playable game with stuntmaps… then patch it later on with city-map and stuff…

Cool!
Want me to help on the city level? some of your buildings are out of scale, and I can add more.

cool stuff so far, thanks for sharing the blend

I choiced to make a stuntcar-game, there is another topic for that, but it´s a more developed part of this project.

Killer, can you add some sort of player detection? Like im coming up on the left of the AI player it moves to the left to block me, and the harder AI guys move left and right more often maybe?

Will do. I’m not on my blender comp right now, so… I’ll try to find time this week. The problem is is I have over 100 logic bricks =X so writing a tutorial is next to impossible. I’ll try to convert it to python over the next 2 weeks. Then I’ll release both files, logic version and python.

I just though of a method how. I think. tell me if im wrong… have 3 ipos setup, one for the inside of the track, one for the middle, and one for the outside. if the AI player is following the middle ipo, and the player is driving up the left “inside” the AI player will switch to the Inside IPO to block!

it will switch back and forth depending where you are at!

Yes. No?

Thanks
Terry

That could work.