I’m preparing for a blender project that would involve some heavy rendering, and I need to get a sense of the rendering times to know how much the render farm will probably cost.
The project is a video recreation of an acrobatic dance using muscle-sim actors with the following features:
- 4K resolution, square, standard 24fps. Cycles render engine.
- No environment, transparent background, soft indoor lighting.
- Two or more photo-realistic muscle-sim humans wearing spandex. Internal musculoskeletal system + skin (switches between inside/outside view). Lots of SSS and ilk.
- Animation is a complex dance sequence, with soft body physics (actors pressing again each other) and gravity.
- No hair physics required.
- No special effects.
- Run time is roughly 1-2 minutes.
Any estimation on render time per frame (if you had a similar project/scene) is appreciated.