PSP help

I am trying to model the face of a psp. I traced the shape and extruded them out so I get the edge. I want to create a face and when I select my edges and connected them, I get a distorted look. Is there a better way to do this?

Is there a way I can merge all those lines so I dont get a distorted face?

I am new at all this, so sorry if this may sound dumb.

Attachments

first of all your probably working with subsurf on that’s why you get rounded corner i think!

so with subsurf you need to add some more loop and may be use the Crease tool to ahve sharp corner!

or may be remove the subsurf and do it with mesh only
then all corners are going to be square!
then read more about it in wiki for subsurf

hope it helps

happy 2.5

I removed the subsurf ans still had those creases where it’s supposed to be flat. There is no way to merge the edges?

can you upload the file so we can looks at it!
may have to redo it from scratch!

happy 2.5

Is there a way I can merge all those lines so I dont get a distorted face?

It looks like the inner vertices are not aligned with the outer edges, creating a concave appearance. Is this the distortion you are concerned with? If so you can fix this by selecting any vertex from the outer edge, do Shift+S and snap cursor to selection, change the Rotation / Scaling Pivot to “3D cursor”, then select the inner vertices, then ‘S’ to scale, ‘Y’ for the Y axis and ‘0’ to align.

Also, for this type of shape you would really benefit from using the Mirror Modifier (X and Z axes).

Hope this helps!

Thanks guys. I will post any updates if I have any more questions. :slight_smile: