Psssst: we have a HUGE Blender contest coming up 🤫

Hey everyone! I’m super excited to let you know that I’m working on launching our biggest challenge yet! Sketchfab/Epic Games are sponsoring some amazing prizes. I’m getting help from @ogbog with the preparations and challenge management - we should be able to launch next Monday, August 15, so clear your calendars :slight_smile:

46 Likes

:scream_cat:

Stop the printing press !!
– We don’t have any printing machines…
+Ahh… whatever i always wanted to shout that … :rofl:
– And what about those pointy ears?
Oh you noticed? … fluffy… don’t you think…
:roll_eyes: Anyway go to the supermarket.
Hmm… why that?
– Because you will have no time to go there next week you moron…
Ahhhh ::exclamation: … now you are talking… and i will also get me some more RAM i think… and… and…

What do you mean by: the contest was back in 2022?

4 Likes

Can you say any more about the challenge itself? Theme, or final format? Thanks.

Not yet, I can’t give you an unfair advantage :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saw the plant challenge and thought it was this one, and thought, This isn’t living up to the hype!

Ah no, that’s just our weekly thing. This is a few orders of magnitude better!

3 Likes

A present day Blender World Cup?

1 Like

I have a limited bit of information about this- I can’t (and won’t) provide any details, but I can assure you all it is absolutely worth the hype. The prizes alone are insane, I’m going to be entering for sure

1 Like

You’ll find out next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The return of Blender F1?

5 Likes

I’m moving this topic to #general-forums:blender-and-cg-discussions so I can tease some more folks :supervillain:

1 Like

Jesus now that’s a blast from the past.

1 Like

It’s not but it would be awesome to do that again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m pumped. I won’t win anything but the hype is real here

1 Like

Hell, I might go ahead and throw my hat in the ring.

Everyone… Open up Blender right this second and delete the default cube to get a head start! :laughing:
I don’t know if I’d enter, it’s been awhile since I made anything substantial with Blender, but it certainly sounds fun and I look forward to watching things unfold. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’m gonna blow everyone’s mind, and use the default cube. I think it’ll give me a heads up.

3 Likes

Theme: Default Cube

4 Likes

Prizes? Prizes!

1 Like