Pumpkin biomechanical mech

Mmm yes it’s good to be back doing biomechanical stuff, now I’m doing some sort of huge mutated pumpkin with cybernetics, lots of them.

All shots are DONEE ! Now I’m going to do the tutorial vid and perhaps putting the scene asset on Patreon too, I really just started doing Patreon recently since my financial problem is getting nut.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G8QVqQ

EARLY STAGES

E

30 Likes

This looks really cool so far! How did you make the tendrils going from the top to the bottom of the pumpkin?

1 Like

Thanks ! Do you mean the black tubes ? It’s a bezier curve, I used face snapping and snapped the end points of those curve to where they should be, then customized the radius of each segments a bit

1 Like

I should have been more clear, I meant this here:
2022-10-21 12_33_52-Window

Ah yea it’s a texture I generated in Midjourney, then processed into PBR-ish material, I also used a parallax occlusion shader to generate some more depth.

4 Likes

As for the goo stuff its just a plane with subd and solidifier modifier, Im still working on that stuff to make it look more goo-like

1 Like

More details for both the mechanical parts as well as the pumpkin layer, I split a bit of the front into the neck’s machine to help blending the pumpkin’s body to the parts

1 Like

Almost done with the modeling, only a few more details and parts left to do, the texturing part should be easy, since I plan on using decals instead of having to unwrap it.

1 Like

Almost done with the whole thing, I think I should start sculpting the goo now and hopefully it will look like goo, or sort of :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Render environment time ! I’m gonna be going for Scorn type of environment design but more pumpkin-y. The shader already look pretty awesome

3 Likes

Hopefully I can finish this before Halloween, basically 2 more days, so I’ll have to kitbash quite a few things, good thing I already have the same-same style assets from previous projects

1 Like

Close to completion ! Just a few more things to throw in and it’s done, the detail upclose is guuuddd. It will even be better with some paintovers in Photoshop

3 Likes

This is awesome! Thx for the narration along the way. Interesting to hear how you’re approaching / thinking about the project. Great work!

1 Like

Thanks a lot ! I also recorded every steps of the creation process and will be narrating them for a youtube video later on, but it might take a while tho, my editing skill is still quite newbie haha

The render is Done ! Now I’m getting into the paintover, this is still WIP for the paintover tho, I’m too tired today to continue :smiling_face_with_tear: but it’s some organic detail like visualize the goo even further, emphasize more on the biomechanical aspect, that is not something I can easily and quickly achieve in Blender. So a paintover will have to do, which also mean I can only have this one angle and nothing else.

3 Likes

The hero shot is done ! Now I’m just going to finish up all the close up shots, then compile 9hrs of footage into 20 or 25 minute narrated tutorial :smiling_face_with_tear: this is gonna be quite hard

3 Likes

It is doneeee !!! But I’m gonna wait a while to post it to Finished category since I also want to upload a tutorial video alongside it. It’s currently being done with some possible narration ideas tested

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G8QVqQ

Bonus a pic of all the machineries used on the walker

3 Likes

This looks SO cool. Well done, you’ve really made something unique, creative, and incredible!

1 Like

Thank you for yours and everyone else’s supports for my motivation throughout the project :partying_face:

1 Like

This is the video preview for the tutorial idea so far. I’m developing a new ( hopefully lol ) tutorial/design overview format, so far this is only the blockout & rough preview of the idea, basically it’s scene specific, this one is about the biomechanical pumpkin walker stuff I posted a few days ago.

Right screens show tips & moodboard for the current design section, top screen show the robotic UI for engagement and uh, my hand expression which I will be recording with my phone haha…

Things that really need to be changed now, is toning down background movement, the smoke is from a video clip so I’m still editing it to make it move slower, and the background object will only move once in a while. And also the hand expression thing really need to be considered too, since I want the focus to be entirely on the main vid

2 Likes