Putting logos on a shirt

Hello,

I’m trying to put two logos on a shirt. One for the front and one for the back. I’ve tried two approaches:

1. Map the logo to a plane, and knock out the plane using option 2 from the following tutorial: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Tutorials/Textures/Use_Alpha_for_Object_Transparency. The problem here is that the plane is difficult to make it look like it is one with the shirt. I’m also having shading problems - there is a faint shading where the plane would be even though I’ve turned off the shadows.

2. Place the two logos in a jpg apart from each other, then map the image around the shirt. The problem here is positioning the logos in the jpg and sizing it just right so they land in their correct positions on the shirt without looking stretched.

Is there a better way of doing this - putting logos on a 3D shirt?

Attached is what the shirt looks like. Now I want to put a logo on the front and back.

Thanks!

Attachments

UV mapping will do the trick, if your new to the process, just do a Google search, there’s lots of info out there on the subject.

Hi and welcome,

You would rather take a look at this method that will more than certainly fits your needs.