python 2.6.5 on blender just a quick question please stop by!

okay I just got a quick noobie question here goes: I’ve downloaded python ver 2.6.5 and installed it on my computer and when I start up blender it says that compiled with version 2.6.2 checking for installed python…got it! does it mean that blender is using a python version 2.6.2 or is it using the 2.6.5 and it’s just saying that it’s using version 2.6.2 and once again sorry for the noobie question I’m just curious :RocknRoll: a guy just gotta ask! :o

If I well understood, when you launch Blender you have these two lines, is that right ??

Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Python… got it!
So I think all is good :slight_smile: I have the 2.6.2 version of Python and the same message than you !! When I began working with Python I had the 2.5.2 version and a warning (longer message than this one) told me that some scripts may not run…

So your python version would be great !! I think… but gurus of Blender can explain that better than me :slight_smile:

I guess, you,re working with Blender 2.49b and it requires Python 2.6 for scripting. It works with Python 2.6.x so your 2.6.5 should be quite OK :wink:

Regards,

the simple answer is that blender is using 2.6.5 even though it says “Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.”

The first 2 digits are Version numbers - things (and compatibility) change version to version.

The 3rd digit is a bugfix release number - nothing changes, only fixes.

%<

thanks I guess it was quite obvious lol:o thanks again guys :slight_smile: