PYTHON AI Scripting. PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I need some tutorials on how to make AI in BGE with Python. Please, no tutorials that involve many logic bricks, they get messy and confusing:spin:

You ask a very general question. So what is the AI for? Racing, FPS, etc? Do you know Python that well?

You ask a very general question. So what is the AI for? Racing, FPS, etc? Do you know Python that well?

well i need NPC help. (like a car NPC) so it racing i need help with.

Go to gameup websight and look for BGE Helper V1.5blend in free resources.Pathnodes will help you with your racing game.You should join if you have the money and solarlune will help you with your programming.

You have not said if you are at all comfortable using python? From the vague question, I’m going to guess that your not. I would recommend learning how to use python with the ge with other things before you start AI. To program AI you have to deal with quite a lot of tasks, like pathfinding, states, movement, playing actions etc…

Goran Milovano from the forums has a GREAT youtube channel that is full of useful tutorials on using python with the game engine. (I have been sneaking him cookies for the great videos), so take some time, watch his videos and absorb what he has to say. He really knows what he is doing. You can find his channel HERE. Im sure there are many more places to find good tutorials, but Goran is very good.

If you ARE comfortable with python, then which part of AI scripting are you having troubles with? Be slightly more specific. It makes it much easier.

You have not said if you are at all comfortable using python? From the vague question, I’m going to guess that your not.

I am a GUI programmer (python)

Thanks all!