Python script to automate the import, cleanup and linking of FBX files

I have a script that was created for Blender 2.79b, which now doesn’t work. I’d like it updated to work with 2.8. Preferably I’d like to work via a freelancing platform that will make it easier for us to arrange payment and contract milestones.

My script has two main functions.

The first looks in a directory for FBX files matching an input string pattern. If found, it opens them one at a time, clears out empties and materials, adds them to a group then saves the Blender file. The result is a directory full of .Blend files, which are cleaned up equivalents of the original FBX files.

The second function creates a new Blender file and links groups from all Blender files in a directory (a logical progression from the first step above). The result is a blender file containing links to many others.

I’ve written out the sequence logically in great detail and I have the 2.79 script to refer to, so I’m not anticipating a huge fee for this one. Which is great because I don’t have a huge budget!

Who’s interested?

Thanks for your response! I’ve now got someone looking at this for me - but thanks for your interest! I’ll keep you in mind for future projects when they arise.