python

Gooood morning all :o

want i run blender 2.36 i have, in dos windows this words

‘import site’ failed; use -v for traceback
No installed Python found.
Only build-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.

did a peaple help me please
well in english or in frensh mecause i’m live in belgium and not speak very well english
thanks more

patfo :smiley:

Blender couldn’t find python. Either you didn’t install Python or you didn’t install it correctly. Blender 2.36 uses Python 2.3, Blender 2.41 (just released) uses python 2.4.

For Python go here: www.python.org
For the latest Blender (2.41) go here: www.blender.org

It would be wise to install Python. There is a new version of Blender, 2.41, at www.blender3d.org .

http://www.python.org/download/ Get python from here. For Blender 2.41, get Python 2.4 . For Blender 2.36, you might try Python 2.3.5 .

you mean 2.41…

besides…this thread should NOT be posted in “News & Chat”…but in “Blender General”

moved there…

I had the same error but when I installed 2.4 it disappeard.

Really? There’s a section called “Python & Plugins” too. Under the Sticky there’s a subject ‘How to set your Python Paths 101’, and believe the solution to your problem can be found there.

New Blender 2.4 didn’t appear to need any tweaks :smiley:

Really? There’s a section called “Python & Plugins” too. Under the Sticky there’s a subject ‘How to set your Python Paths 101’, and believe the solution to your problem can be found there.

New Blender 2.4 didn’t appear to need any tweaks :D[/quote]

yes maybe, but this question appears many times because newbies wonders, and this seems to be the best location.

If you are not going to run scripts in Blender, you do NOT need to install Python. In this case, just ignore the message.

Current Blender uses Python 2.4. Blender 2.37a and before use Python 2.3