Quad Mech, early WIP

Finally got a walk cycle and push ups blended together for practice. Trying hard to learn the basics of Non-linear actions NLA editor. Check out what I have so far. Thanks!

Attachments

So I decided to try and clean up and dissolve useless edges and vertices, and add a few more details. Have not decided if I want to begin subdivision surface modeling on this or not. Thinking about floating some details over some surfaces and baking them into a normal map. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks for viewing!

Nice machines ! I am what some people call extravagant, nice work :slight_smile:

Thanks orbital ninja:) Here’s a test of some color and a render, with a little bit of post GIMP work too.
I couldn’t figure out how to change the thread’s thumbnail preview, still stuck on my first post image:o

Good luck rigging this! I’m struggling with a similar model but yours looks really well put together!

Thanks tyko! Yeah, I decided to save the rigging for later, mainly because my main focus is modeling for now. This project started as me trying to keep things as simple as possible, so I could work efficiently. I at least tried to get a little bit of a better render though. I want to explore some more for an environment for this mech to be rendered in. I need to work on some props and maybe an interior or terrain to go with it. Going to think about trying a full scene, although I do have some ideas for an animation too.

So, here is yet another render. This is basically me trying to figure out how I want some settings for the world in my animation, but I have yet a lot to learn.:o I have also included a WIP of the mothership which will transport four of these mechs into the alien world in which they’ll be exploring. I decided to go with a tetrahedron shape so that each mech will emerge from one side of the mothership. So much to do… I am also almost finished rigging the mech. Hoping to get a video up soon of the test animation!

Cool machines!

Thanks silkroadgame! And here is the test (only a test) of my Rig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwvFz1BrHj0&hd=1

Finally got a walk cycle and push ups blended together for practice. Trying hard to learn the basics of Non-linear actions NLA editor. Check out what I have so far. Thanks!