Quantum Nutshell

It’s been a while…http://i26.tinypic.com/2wp70ns.jpg
Blender + Inkscape

Excellent! Animate it into a holywood blockbuster SF movie. Maybe Star Trek 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Star Trek 2…?

But your render is sweet. I love that kind of art.

Excellent! Animate it into a holywood blockbuster SF movie. Maybe Star Trek 2012 :stuck_out_tongue:

there i fixed it

Also known as JJ Abrams Funland or Star Trek: The Lensflarening

official poster:

Wow such detail!

One of the better renders in the finished projects section lately. I really like the depth and the way you put so much into such a simple picture to represent something so amazing.

What was your reason for making it?

Edit And yes AdamTM, the latest StarTrek did have a lot of lens flares lol, I actually didnt mind them so much, there was maybe one or two which were distracting but everything else was fine. A very impressive visual style overall, something a bit different from ‘the norm’.

Thanks guys–

My reason for making this was my passing interest in quantum theory. Below the atomic level, there is a universe that behaves very chaotically compared to the orderly world we observe. Coincidently, chaos and order are the basic principles that define objective beauty. In this way, the scientist and the artist are not so different; one discovers new and beautiful things while the other creates them.

I’m always eager to find scientific/mathematical reasons for why we find certain things beautiful. Art is the laboratory where I do MY kind of science.