Quarantine and Blender

Due to the long quarantine here in Spain due to the Covid-19 virus, I decided to learn Blender during some of the many spare hours at home. A good activity for such a sad period…

I supposed the learning-curve would be long. I knew that because I have learned many powerful programs of image processing and others. However, I could imagine the nightmare…

I started to suffer some problem on the Video Sequencer editor. The preview window does not show the scene created through the 3DViewport. I installed, reinstalled, change the version, tried the portable version, etc. All these operations on my standard (i5, 8 Gb, win 7, desktop computer). Yes, not a powerful computer but very capable with many other complex programs. I reported the issue on this forum and some kind guy tried to help me but no solution at all.

I changed the computer, a laptop (i3, 8 Gb, win 10). New installation of 2.82a The same problem on the preview of the VSE and a new one… problems loading images (import image as plane). I tried with different formats: JPG, PNG, BMP… no image loading… errors and errors…

Kind guys on this forum tries to help and ask about graphics card, options about Cycles Render Devices but… the load of a simple file should not be related to that…

Sometimes, on some installations, Blender closes abruptly just selecting 3DVideoport and Viewport shading option as rendered.

A video to show some of these unexpected behaviour…
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VjEiZps990M6FxRwOPIW5yIFg6Xm-PnD/view?usp=sharing
I have been suffering these inestabilities for about ten days and believe me that I am working a lot trying to solve these silly issues but very frustrated about the experience with this program.

Please, ask me any piece of information about the computers, settings or whatever to try to help me or confirm that these issues are common due to the wide spectrum of domains (modelling, video editing, etc.) and platforms (linux, windows, ios…) covered by the software and they will be corrected by sucessive program versions.

regards,