quest system gives a warning.. link lost error.

Hello,

I am building an quest system, and everything works.
but the console gives me an error: warning sensor “always” has lost a link to controller <link 1 of 1> from questhandler.

I have no idea what causing this, therefore i ask you for some insight about this.

How to use, unpack the .zip then run the blend file.

Thanks alot.

Attachments

quest_system.zip (78.8 KB)

That is a pretty weird error and I think it indicates some internal corruption in the .blend file. I tried this on 2.66a and was able to see your error message. I deleted the “quest_handler” empty and created a new one with the same logic brick setup and the error went away but it was replaced with a large number of Python syntax error messages.

Hey,

Ive tried the same and build a new quest handler, its strange, verry strange, i made it exactly the same and now the error is gone.
ps. u probally getting errors becouse you are missing the line number property?

Ive tired so much but dint think that that could be the problem. but then the question remains how could this happen?

I mark this as solved, Thanks for looking into it kastoria.

Such things happen when you do inter object connections and the object with the controller gets removed. This might even happen when one object is active (in an active layer) and the other is inactive (hidden layer).

But this is just a guess

Such things happen when you do inter object connections and the object with the controller gets removed. This might even happen when one object is active (in an active layer) and the other is inactive (hidden layer).

But this is just a guess

ah ok, but this is without any layers, and just one scene, and nothing gets removed.
i was just building the script without any errors, after that i looked at my script and for what i had made, it was to long so i shortened it. and after that the error appeared.

and the error didn’t even come from inside the engine i think?
this because the error only appeared when u start the blender player, and its not even in between the blender start / end section… it gets printed above that.

anyway i am happy that it has been solved by making a new quest_handler again.