Questions from a little newbie...

Hey, folks. I’m pretty much brand-new here (this is my first post) and i just downloaded Blender about a week ago. As for my first project, I’m trying to model IG-88 (background character from Star Wars). Here’s a reference photo if you need one. Anyways, I’m making the head from a cylindrical mesh, and I’ve run into a few snags, but nothing I can’t get past. What I really want to know is how can I get those little cylinders that extrude horizontally from his head? That’s the one thing I’m trying to work on, besides getting a little curve in the cone on the top of his head. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hell, I might even put it in the WIP forum, but as for now, I have a very basic head-shape. Thanks again for any help. :slight_smile:

go into side view (numpad3) and space->add->mesh->cylinder. Scale it so that it matches the outline in front view. You can add this while in object mode, or when in edit mode of the main mesh.

Oh, there’s no way I’d be able to extrude it from the vertical cylinder? If so, that would help me with those dug out “mouth-ish” portions, as well.