Quick ceramic glaze render

This went surprisingly well for an afternoon’s quick work!

The render:

The real thing:

The CAD import:

The glaze is faked using a simple noise texture in the color itself, heavy use of the AO node, then a slightly wobbly clearcoat layer and a light subsurface color to mimic the uneven thickness.

Now, the glaze should really have been it’s own offset mesh, but it’s difficult to do with CAD imports and I could have done lots of other things but it again, it was a very quick job (didn’t even match the color).

Also, Blender was of course being Blender during even this small project:

There’s cryptomatte but no clown fallback, even though you can get random colors on objects straight in the viewport. Scaling of curves is weird, and the emissive neon tube has a strength of 20k but it did not make any difference at all above 2k or so and I gained a newfound loathing of the compositor. :upside_down_face:

It was done for my wife’s webshop, although she didn’t end up using it. :broken_heart: :laughing:

Hey!
I’m an ID student with a project due tomorrow and I am currently attempting to teach myself how to render in blender, specifically a glaze looking finish. Would it be at all possible for you to screenshot a picture of your nodes for this project? I know its from a few years ago so slim chance but thought that I would ask!
Thanks!