Quick & Dirty Character Sculpt in 15 minutes - Stylized Superman

I put together a quick video on a workflow I used to make a simple, stylized character in about 5 hours. The two main points are really making use of a free, automatic retopology tool called Autoremesher and Blender’s Smart UV Project. Nothing ground-breaking haha, but I just like to make videos and hopefully there might be a tip or two in there that’s helpful for someone.

You can download Autoremesher on github here: https://github.com/huxingyi/autoremesher. It’s a free, easy-to-use tool that gives great topology for subtle, still poses in my opinion!

3 Likes

Nice tutorial!

I haven’t quite been able to get good results with modeling the way you are in the video, but now I got inspired to give it another go. Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Haha thanks Brian! That was my overall goal with this rather fast-paced video haha, to inspire someone to crack open Blender and give a character a go! I know its a little quick to be of any real help when it comes to how to specifically do any of the steps, but I know for me, sometimes just watching someone can give me a boost to get going! Gimme a shout when you’re done! :smiley:

1 Like