Quick Theme Editor Addon

Quick Theme Editor addon simplifies the process of creation of visually consistent themes in Blender, reducing the amount of time it takes to create visually consistent theme from 8+ hours to 2-4 minutes. It groups Blender’s excessively granular theme settings into a few elegantly centralized color and style settings.

You can get it on ArtStation or Gumroad

18 Likes

For anyone interested. I’ve tweaked that theme I made using the editor a little bit more, and I think it looks great, so I am sharing it here:

Simple_OneDarkGray_Green.xml (47.6 KB)

Others are also welcome to showcase their themes made with the simplified editor. I am curious :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The link has been updated with a new version, which has a new button:

• When clicked, it will attempt to retrieve colors from the currently active theme into Quick Theme Editor and then applies them.
  • With most current themes it’s far from perfect, as the themes are authored wildly differently. But it should still give you at least some starting point.
  • With any themes created using Quick Theme Editor and saved, the button should retrieve all the colors correctly, so the theme will remain unchanged. This makes tweaking and resaving themes made with Quick Theme Editor much faster, as up until now, it just kept resetting to default blender’s dark preset.
4 Likes

I really can’t stop enjoying making themes with the addon, so here’s one more :slight_smile:
Simple_OneGray_Blue.xml (47.6 KB)

If you have any nice themes to share, don’t hesitate to post.

Also, the link in the OP has been updated with latest version. It has just one minor tweak, where tab bar background in 3D view now has color matching the Properties editor tab background, and it respects the panel opacity slider.

2 Likes

Very nice addon. It really saves time in making a new theme. Great work!
And OneGray_Blue is a very pleasant theme.

So I wanted this to become part of Blender, but there was nearly 0 interest, so I decided to release this as a commercial addon instead.

It has a bit more UI polish and the sales will hopefully allow me to at least maintain it as the new releases come (It’s going to be a bit of a pain as Blender developers just keep adding new colors to the theme editor every new release instead of reusing existing ones :frowning: )

Of course those lucky ones who grabbed the addon before it went commercial are still free to redistribute it as they wish as its under GPL license :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for developing this! I enjoy using the add-on.