Quick way to move logic bricks?

Hi,

before I go and request a feature that allready exists…

Can we somehow send a logic block all the way to the top or bottom?
Perhaps a key to hold to make them move up or down 5 or 10 at a time?

Thanks for any enlightenment :cool:

I can only imagine how many bricks you might have there to actually want that functionality.

That’s one of the downsides of the whole “brick system”; it can turn into “spaghetti” so easily. Not to say that the same can’t be true with Python scripts, but with code things are at least easier to untangle/modify, if need be.

I can only imagine how many bricks you might have there to actually want that functionality.

Over about 2, my mouse clicker finger gets tired easy :slight_smile:

Thanks for the opinion :slight_smile:

yeah moving them up or down one slot at a time is a paint, i agree.

lol my eyes get tires easy! when i’m trying to understand smth in that web

To move a brick just click the brick while collapsed and you’ll get a prompt if you want to move it up or down, just one slot though.

To move a brick just click the brick while collapsed and you’ll get a prompt if you want to move it up or down, just one slot though.

nominated for the post of the year ? lol .

1 Like

Yah, that would be sweet to be able to drag bricks around…I wonder if that could be a feature in 2.5…

I put in a request to change that, actually to change the way we veiw/use the whole bricks system… I think its a pretty cool idea.

I added it to the request site that was set up for the test to see if we would add enough money to buy a coder.

I forgot all about it till now. I think Malcando started it…

I think it was this last Summer of Code that someone wanted to convert the logic bricks to a node functionality, like the render or material nodes, but the request was denied because it wouldn’t take much work. Maybe someone will look into this again at some point?

Sounds kinda funny considering how little work is done for BGE compared to other Blender components.

That was different then what I requested on the pay for it site, lol. It wasnt denied on that site.

Combo Shift R (listed as “Repeat last” in User Preferences » Input » Screen…) can zip an individual brick around pretty quickly… Use the brick’s up/down arrow explicitly once then watch it fly. Happy days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@GenericHuman743 this is a 11 year old topic… but okay, I didn’t knew about Shift +R so I learned something here.

2 Likes

Happy to be of assistance UnidayStudio!

Let me just add that to create the “Repeat Last” function from scratch, one need only type “screen.repeat_last” in the 1st box of a new entry within User Preferences » Input » Logic Editor (or wherever). So why not get completely drunk & create TWO such entries; and assign them to the press/release actions of a SINGLE key… That way you get double-speed brick-shifting for those ultra-dense projects (and save on key-wear!). It’s all good.

1 Like

you can’t imagine how much time now i can save thanks to your help :slight_smile: , many thanks
i have many many bricks so i was spending minutes to put up every last bricks added…

GenericHuman743? Perhaps if you’ve been through 742 iterations already xD For Thou must be more than generic for this beautiful nugget of information!

replace logic bricks to logic node, this is possible if use addon - logics nodes, variants click and displace sensors, controllers, actuators to 5, 10, 50 positions up or down not support in bge/upbge, i recommend for you use python - this will remove problems a large numbers logic bricks in logic editor