Radar Bot

Hello! Here is my latest project.

Done for the Wizix-Contest#1 on Discord (https://discord.gg/r5axyfv)

Hope you like :smiley:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lJVz5

49 Likes

Looks pretty good! I’m surprised this hasn’t got more attention.
Is the smoke done with blender’s smoke simulator?

Yep! I would have liked more comments too :relieved: the smoke is added in compositing on Photoshop;) breakdown

4 Likes

I like the environment! However i am assuming you didn’t make the actual robot, after looking at this wizix contest where everyone uploads the exact same robot in different environments.

:thinking: if you observe well, each model is different, just like the environment. so no, it’s actually my modeling and not that of another :relieved:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

How much of this is real photo :laughing: ?

L-l-love it!

1 Like

Looks like it could be right out of Ghost in the Shell world. Very nice.

1 Like

this is an amazing work man
i really like the design and the green pants on the legs, are thy sculpted or did you use cloth simulation?

i kinda wonders how did you reflectid the smook on the water ?
also if you can see on the water pool on the right, the smook erased the robot leg, it isnt reflected as in the 2nd render

2 Likes

wow looks like one of those Cyberpunk77 bots. Really great art : - )

is it textured/materialized(LOL) in Blender also?

just two notes here:
first - smoke reflection looks actually much sharper than the smoke itself.
second - blue smoke reflection should be some kind obscured by the bot’s leg reflection which is not present.

anyways I really like the artwork

Best Regards!
Albert

1 Like

awesome work!

1 Like

Why did you use a typical Russian city view as a background? :laughing:

1 Like

Because it is a typical Russian robot. :squid:
Also, that looks like basically any city the US has been. Russian cities tend to be less rubble, more rouble.

I saw a work in progress of this in the bevel after boolean add-on thread.
It’s good to see this crawler in its natural environment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bartv Big Thanks :pray:

@TarkanV it’s up to you to tell me :yum: , it’s hard to judge own work :wink:

@alf0 The reflection of the smoke [and the smoke too] was composed on photoshop :wink:

@alf0 @karab44 thank you both guys, I had not even paid attention to this mistake :woozy_face:

@karab44 the sharper reflection is another mistake due of a bad setup of the Dof , thx :wink:
Grunge/dirt/scratch/decal of the texture are made with Photoshop, Ground texture made with Mixer [Quixel], but the fabric texture has been made by modeling on blender, rendered and composed to get all necessary PBR map :wink:

@Hiisi Because it’s the only good backplate I had on hand :laughing:

Finally, if you have any question, do not hesitate to ask :wink:
And a gif to show the evolution of the model for eventual skepticism :sweat_smile:
breakdown

5 Likes

Great piece. Really like the mood in it. Where did you get the color checker and spheres? And how did you create the materials for it?