Radiosity question

I have a quick question actually many but I’ll ask one at a time or just ask if there is a really in depth tut on the radiosity interface in blender.
What I really need to know is that if you have a scene complete with textures and materials if you run a rad treatment on those meshes what exactly happens to the meshes. Can you leave them alone for the most part? If you choose to delete the block or mats from the mesh does the vertices or faces still hold the radiosity info? Any information on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

sp

You can not apply textures before doing the radiosity cal, as far as I am aware. You must apply the textures after the radiosity and use the VCol Light button when using the textures.

After you run the radiosity calc, all the meshes are joined into one big mesh. You have to seperate them afterwards.

I beleive that the mesh still retains the radiosity info if you delete the material, but I am not 100% on that one.

Hope that was some information that helps. If, not, I am sure theeth or someone else will help out, (or make my answer completely wrong :wink: ).

BgDM

You can not apply textures before doing the radiosity cal, as far as I am aware. You must apply the textures after the radiosity and use the VCol Light button when using the textures.

since 2.22 (I think), you can apply textures before running the radiosity. Blender will only keep up to 16 material in a mesh though, so be careful.

After you run the radiosity calc, all the meshes are joined into one big mesh. You have to seperate them afterwards.

not necesarely, but if you want to do it, the Shift-L shortcut is very useful

I beleive that the mesh still retains the radiosity info if you delete the material, but I am not 100% on that one.

the radiosity data is stored in vertex paint, so it will remain in the mesh even if you delete the material. You are right about VLight though, it has to be enabled to show the radiosity lighting.

Hope that was some information that helps. If, not, I am sure theeth or someone else will help out,

ah!

cheers,
Martin