Ragdoll Early Access

How I got Ragdoll animations into blender,C4D,Daz,Iclone, Maya

Spend $129 on this vestigial program
https://www.posersoftware.com/store/products/69

Download FREE open source Python3 ragdoll simulator
for that vestigial program.
https://bitbucket.org/PhysicalcSoftware/poserphysics/src/master/

Run various ragdoll collision simulations with default figures of that
vestigial program, as I have been doing for 14 years.

Export to FBX and retarget to blender ARP rigs
or Rigify (with addons like Expy kit or Rigimap)

$129 may sound like alot for an entire application used for one single purpose but you can recoup your investment by selling animations to the Game dev community or Daz markets.

We’d like to, and I hope we will at some point. There is still much to explore in this technology, for both users and us, but it has been challenging to maintain and develop technically.

For those that haven’t seen it yet:

That said, we have a follow-up to this technology however that can do this and much more, working on this as we speak.

2 Likes

We are now on Blender Market. :partying_face:

It’s early still, and the product on there is the same as can be found on our own website, minus the ability to purchase. I expect we’ll offer a PayPal option ourselves instead, since that seems to be the main selling point of Blender Market, other than to have a centralised spot for your Blender plug-ins.

You’ll also find updates there, although we’re not certain whether there is any notification mechanism in place for you? Anyone experienced with this market place, do let us know.

Let us know what you think! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG, you guys murdered Santa…

1 Like

If only it was (quality/realistic) Hair and Cloth physics simulation for character animation…

Sadly my dream remains unfulfilled…

1 Like

@thetony20:
Use Marvelous Designer and live the dream (for cloth at least).
Houdini should probably have you covered on both fronts, if you really need it.

greetings, Kologe

Not all that cheap and worse, sub only.

Either really not cheap or sub only and I have a feeling all those nodes would do my head in.

Just need the equivalent of Flip Fluids for Cloth/Hair, sadly no such Blender addon exists at this stage.

1 Like

Have a look at this.

The technology Ragdoll builds on (i.e. rigid body simulation) is often used for hair and cloth in games. So albeit not realistic on a per-strand basis, it could be enough to get you going!

Oh, and there’s this one for hair too, along with a video tutorial for Maya; the workflow is applicable to Blender too.

Interesting and I can see how it would work for games fairly well.

But I think one could achieve much the same just in Blender with the Wiggle addon, standard cloth and the like.

What I’m really looking for is the type of quality and results one would get from Marvelous Designer and/or Houdini or the few other addons that seem to be limited to Maya or Max only (like Ornatrix, Yeti, Xgen, etc).

Like I said, no one makes the Blender addon equivalent of Flip Fluids for Cloth/Hair. For some reason it’s the one area of Blender that no addon maker has wanted to touch, ever.

1 Like

This is true, that kind of simulation is not what we’re going for. As a former cloth TD who worked primarily with Vellum and nCloth, I think Marvelous and Houdini is indeed currently your best options if you are looking to push the boundaries of cloth and hair simulation.