Ragna the Bloodedge

Hello Blender Community,

This is Ragna from my favorite fighting game Blazeblue using Blender 3.0.0 Alpha Real-time Eevee SSGI.

More breakdown in this link

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d8da8A

Happy Blending

25 Likes

Whoah :open_mouth:
This is VERY impressive !
The hair is well made !
Great work ! :+1:

1 Like

Is this the SSGI fork of Blender, or did SSGI make it into the official Blender alpha?

And he looks cool, as always. Hair looks a little stiff, but I assume that’s intentional since that kind of spiky hair would take a LOT of product in real life, and your materials are always spot on.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you very much for the feature bart, you too have nice weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much

Oh Thank you, no it’s a fork of blender you can download it from here it’s free. :slightly_smiling_face:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you bart for the feature.

Best regards,
maniacarta

Great work! I had to look up the game and the character since I am out of the loop when it comes to modern games.
This is a very nice adaption into a more realistic anime style. He seems more mature than in the game and yes more cute at the same time. The hair looks fabulous - very archetypical. I want to pat his head and ruffle his hair. :smiley:
Minor (VERY minor) criticism. The hair is star shaped and very symmetrical/centric which IMHO is not as aesthetic pleasing as an asymmetrical design. I would have combed it more to one side and flattening the top a little, making it more lopsided. But that is just my personal taste.
The sword design is… :laughing:
I never was a fan of these kind of gigantic swords since they push my suspension of disbelief to much, but hey, that is not your problem.
Are you a professional character designer or do you do this just for fun?
Either way - this is a fine addition to your portfolio.

Absolutely Fantastic work – I really like this style work. Im curious, what did you use for a base mesh, was it from a particular source, or did you start from scratch?

TIM

That’s really impressive! :open_mouth: