Rails

Hi all. Thanks for taking the time to check my first post here on BA.

By way of introduction, I’ve been working with Blender for maybe 8 or 9 months, and I’ve only been taking it seriously for about half that time. I don’t have a background in any sort of art, but I’ve worked with computers for, like, a million years. I have no plans to go pro with any of this, though I surely wouldn’t complain if someday someone wants to throw some cash my way for doing something I enjoy so much. But at the moment I simply find myself utterly compelled to be good at this, and I’m not entirely sure why. All I know is that I sit down to work in Blender and hours pass in the blink of an eye. I assume, then, that I must be getting something out of the process, and I know I’m hungry for much more of whatever that is. And that’s why I’m here. I want to learn, and I want to know if you think I have any potential as a Blender artist. I’m a little scared to do this because I know I might not like the answer, but I realize I have to put myself out there if I want to know and grow.

TL;DR? I suppose I don’t blame you.

Anyway, here’s a recent work in progress, and I wouldn’t mind knowing my strengths (if any) and my weaknesses (which I imagine are many). Any advice or direction will be greatly appreciated, and thanks again for taking the time to check my work.