Railway switch house - 360 diorama

I’m glad to share with you my personal project I’ve worked on last two months. Tho goal was to recreate one of the railway building from my hometown. I like it lot and I was decided to recreate it one day in a game scene. Also another goal was to get more familiar with Unreal Engine 5. I created four different lightning setups with a little help of Ultra dynamic sky plugin. Assets were modeled in Blender 3.6 and scene was assembled in UE5. For vegetation and some props I used Quixel bridge. Worker skeletal mesh download from Mixamo. All textures made in Substance painter.

More images and videos at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/DvGoEA

Sunset 360 - Switch it to 4K

15 Likes

Great result! Though bricks are tipically not placed in columns as such, as they are unstable. They should be displaced by about half a brick compared to the row above or below

2 Likes

Thanks!
You’re completely right. Unless those are not bricks…

2 Likes

those are bricks! but the guy who put those was fired right after. can’t you see how they are falling. lol if they where placed the way he said they will stick better. glad they are decoration and not a brick-wall lol.

4 Likes

Yes. Exactly! That was his sad end of the cereer :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s a stunning scene and it looks so good in all the different lighting. Great work. :grinning:

1 Like

So realistic, and stunning, with a scene like that you could also just make an environment map with mountains, so there is some background, but it is just a png used for the global background.

Thank you very much! Yes, of course. I could, but I did this way on the purpose. The main goal was to just creeate floating environmet diorama without any distrations in the background.

Love it!
As a moden train guy i really appreciate renderings about everything train :slight_smile:
Would make a great real diorama in 1:160 ot 1:87 too :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I used to build this small train models when I was a child. I loved it in that time!

Thanks. I’ve added some more pictures in different weather conditions.

2 Likes

Nice. They look good.

Nice! I like the snowy/ rainy ones, they look really good!!

1 Like

Glad to hear that! Thanks!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Love the lighting and game like realism
Really appreciate brother.:+1: