Raining Money

I have made a fun photo. The original idea was to make a realistic 10 dollar note to post online, but then i got carried away.

1 Like

Nice looking textures and grass model!

A few things though… It looks like the bills could use auto smooth normals and some bends or folds. Also, the grass particle system would be way nicer with some random rotation and density variation.

Thanks @HISEROD!
I have never used auto smooth normals, but I will try.
It will be a lot of work though, randomizing the bends and folds.
I will try to add random rotation, but i only want it to rotate on the z axis, and not x and y, but I don’t know how!
I will add some density variation, but I want to hide the fact that I didn’t add a dirt texture.
And also I will add a transparency map to the money.

To add random Z rotation, check the advanced option. A rotation tab will appear (check that box too). On the left side, there are options for initial orientation, and on the right side, phase and random sliders which will change the Z rotation. The random slider only affects the rotation of the hair particles when the phase is non-zero.

Also, if you’re looking for a good dirt texture check out textures.one. Everything there is free!:star_struck:

God bless and have a great day!

thx! but i’m still wondering, how will i randomize the folds on the money?

I personally would make 5 or so duplicates of the bill object and subdivide and bend the mesh from there. ShftW should help with that.
Then put all the objects in a group and use that for the particle system.

ok thx! ill get to all of that at home!

1 Like