Randomize color of image texture without object info random?

I have the random value of the object info randomly choosing an image texture. I also want to randomize the color of the image texture so it doesn’t look like the same person repeating. If I don’t use the randomized images, then I can just plug the random into a hue saturation value node:

However, with the random images, the colors for each image match:

This is because the random socket from the object info node gives the same value to the image texture, so when it sets it to, for example, image 1, it will also set the color to purple.

So, is there a different node that will work here?

For different random values with the same output, i use math node after. Like multiply with a value under 1. So the result ll be different.

IDK for me i see slighly differetn colors…

but this might be because of colored additional lights…

I would also not make an connection from the object info alone (even if random) but maybe try also mix in any fancy way with location… different from x y an d Z (??)

did you try to use a driver to spit out a random value? Should work as well.

1 Like

The slightly different colors are because the texture randomization checks if the random value is above or below certain values. So one photo will always have a color from one part of the range, and no other photo will have that color. E.g. the ones circled in red are all in the red to orange range. I am going to try something location next, since these will be randomly scattered in the background.

Above are some of the methods I’ll utilize for creating random values.
Object Info/Location. Only use if you don’t animate the object in question.
Object Info/Random. Usually my go-to, but there are cases when it doesn’t work. Or at least used to.
Geometry/Random Per Island. Some cases within an object, but may fail if a bevel modifier is used.
UV Map/UV Collapsed Islands. Some cases within an object where I do use a bevel modifier.
If using a bevel modifier, check that the random generator creates outputs you can live with. For smooth shaded objects, consider leaving harden normals off and check if a Weighted Normal modifier is able to get the job done instead. A “collapsed island” is just all UV points belonging to that island collapsed into a single point. This is a special UV map used for this purpose alone, not the regular one you’ll use to obtain texture coordinates from.
If not obvious, no need to do it all, just try the part that works for you.

In case this is helpful to anyone else wanting an easy answer, I ended up adding the x and y location values and then dividing by random to help when two images are close together.