Rasengan?

I think this is the right place to post this. I am interested in making the Rasengan from the anime series Naruto. I want it to look “real” i.e. not the almost cartoony version in the anime. I’m still new to Blender and I think this is going to be a big project, I think if I do a big project I’ll learn about all the details of Blender. I’m familiar with the basics. Thanks for your help in advance.

I believe you may have just made one of the broadest statements that I’ve ever read on these forums, though I’m not quite sure if you actually asked a question.

Achieving realistic animation is next to impossible without motion capture from live actors and, as far as realistic renders are concerned…Arnold looked ALMOST real in Terminator Salvation but his skin still had a play-dough kind of look to it.

Ok, let me re-word. The Rasengan is a bunch of spinning blue energy. By “real” I mean, that it looks like it could be real. Also I;m asking for help on how to do this. Does that make it clearer?

EDIT: Also right now I just want the ball not to put it on anyone. I plan to put it on a rig later so no motion capture is necessary.