Raymond Walker

Modeled in Blender 2.5 (the bot only.)

Attachments

Looks like a professionally done, cinematic shot. 5*s… only critique would be that the man’s head is too big: since he has all of that armor/body suit on, his head should, if anything, look slightly too small.

Thanks for the feedback!

I follow your logic. However, the only thing that’s CG in this image is the bot.

I love it, it has a great feel of professional likeness to it, (did that make any sense)

Nicely integrating with the photo there. Good eye for detail :smiley:

funniest comment I’ve read on account that you are talking about a real person, ideal proportions bites yet again. If only art books would point out the ideal proportions ain’t real and that the were made up to stretch the truth to make pretty pictures i.e to alter what nature has created for the sake of art.

Monkey, I took a look at your drawings. Man, I like your style!

I took what exe said as a compliment and a fair criticism. I took it as a compliment in the sense that the CG work managed to evade criticism (at least up to this point.) A fair criticism in the fact that the armor I chose to use in the shot could (and probably should) be bulkier. That said, I’m going to live with it. I’d rather re-shoot with different body armor than try to scale the current shot.

Being mistaken for a cg, that’s funny. Maybe there should be a contest where you cg either yourself or someone you know to see just how hard it would be to tell which one is real.

• Floyd

I wont cut the top of the robot head. Add some sky texture in back or something to get it more fit feeling of the shot and blur the mountains (dont look to nice and they are realy far from the camera…so dof them a bit) and the sky if you add …give some distance to the background.

OFF TOPIC :The one that sayd the proportion are of on your photo … is so so funny. Proportions in art books are for easy way to retain the proportion rules and are not REAL THING and YOU MUST ADAPT THEM TO REALITY. In reality humans have different proportions bigger torso etc
Andrew Loomis write in on of his books about that!

BACK ON TOPIC : Try to fake some back lighting on your person and some shadow from the hand of the robot a. If the lighting it is from the back it is natural to have some little sadow from the robot head on your face and armour ?!

Looking good!

If you read the Andrew Loomis books…you will see that he noted that “I moved a little the navel to make the proportion easy to retain …normal navel it is at a hand distance …” So that says that the “ideal” proportions from books are only guide lines to memorise that.

Maybe some don`t read that part …lot of txt :))) and see only the pictures.

It’s very similiar to your plane one.

I have read a lot more books than Loomis and trust me a lot won’t mention that the 8 head figure was invented by illustrators because it looked better than the real proportions