RBA 3: Alicia

Character intro

This is Aiesha (known commonly as Alicia), the third character of the RBA character series and fourth of the year.
A lady of nobility and elagance. She’s expected to carry herself with the utmost dignity and grace. Innocent and gentle. Where others walk, she glides in a royal pace.

Final renders:

Some camera angles:

Clay renders:

Wireframe renders:

Experiment renders (I think I could use this for museum art or something :sweat_smile:):

And a turn table:

Artwork info

This character was started over several times, as more references and interesting elements started coming into play. In terms of difficulty, it was the one of the most challenging in the early stages of design. The final pose is so far off the initial idea. Whenever I was ready to move onto the high res sculpting, I’d see
something not right with the current pose and rework it. In the end this is the pose I settled on (which had its own tricks up its sleeve).

Once I got really into it, I’d say the project took roughly 2 weeks. It’s a special piece that really has a mixture of details, which is a direct result of all the experimentation that happened along the way. In the end, the lessons learned in this one will go a very long way in how I do things in future, from the workflow to finite details like poly count. Comments and feedback are always welcome and would be highly appreciated.

I hope you like it :smiling_face::smile:

6 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you Bart😄

1 Like

Great model, nice looking pose and a lovely expression on her face.

1 Like

Thank you very much :smile: