Re-imagining In the Court of the Crimson King

My first finished Blender project. This is a re-imagination of the painting used for the cover of King Crimson’s 1969 album In the Court of the Crimson King. The original painting was done by Barry Godber.

12 Likes

My school art teacher did a number of their album covers. He also did the Tarot of the Witches which was featured in a James Bond film. Fergus Hall was his name. Brilliant teacher.

Fergus Hall is one of my heroes! His illustrations for the book Groundsel are some of my favorite illustrations of all time. His cover for The Young Person’s Guide to King Crimson is of course brilliant!

1 Like

He was an amazing teacher at School. He was one of those inspirational teachers that you remember your whole life. I emailed him once in more recent times just to say hello.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you Bart! I’m honored!

1 Like

Good on you for contacting him and expressing your appreciation. I had an art teacher that inspired me that I felt was underappreciated when I was in school. He was on my mind 40 years later so I tried tracking him down just to let him know I appreciated him. Found his obituary - from 2 days earlier. No wonder he was on my mind. I contacted his wife so I could at least let his family know he inspired me. I’m glad I was able to do that but I sure wish I had acted just a little sooner!

1 Like